Rendang is a Minangkabau traditional dish that are made using slow cooking technique for at least 8 hours through constant stirring until the coconut milk resulted a spice-aromatic infused oil. The quality of the Rendang is very much influenced by the quality of ingredients, the uses of open fire stove to create smoky flavor, and the patient consistency in stirring the dishes throughout the process. In many areas of Minangkabau, the main ingredients of Rendang are not limited only on beef, but also adapted to include chicken, duck, shrimp, clams, jackfruit and potato. As the result of slow cooking technique, Rendang have a natural long shelf life. Rendang can still stay edible up to 10 days at room temperature. The nature of its long shelf life makes Rendang popular as food companion among travelers. Rendang Oil Uni Farah is extracted as the byproduct of rendang making process that uses the best ingredients and open-fire stove, by the hands and passions of Rendang Artisans.
Coconut Milk, Coconut Oil, Chili, Ginger, Galangal, Shallots, Garlic, Turmeric Leaves, Keffir-Lime Leaves, Salt.
Sautee oil for fried rice, vegetable sautee, pasta and noodle dishes | Marinade for Grills | Salad Dressing | Sandwich Spice Spread | Garnish Oil.
Rendang Oil Recipe
Aglio Rendang Olio Con Pollo Garrlic Rendang Oil Pasta with Chicken Grill.
Serving Size :1 Portion
- Spaghetti/Fettuccini - 100gr Dried or 200gr Fresh
- Chicken Fillet 100g
- Garlic - 3 cloves, chopped
- Rendang Oil - 5 tablespoons
- Kemangi Leaves (Indonesian Basil) - 2 sprigs
- Dried chili flakes as oreferred
- Salt & pepper as preferred
- Cut chicken breast into finger size, marinade with 1 tbs of Rendang Oil for 30 minutes then grill
- Cook the pasta al dente, strain the remove water.
-Sautee chopped garlic with 3 tab of Rendang Oil until fragrant, add the pasta and stir to ensure the Rendang Oil are evely covering the pasta
- Season with salt, papper and chili flakes (as preferred)
- Add kemangi leaves
- Remove and serve drizzle with 1 tab of Randing Oil
- Serve while hot
Storing Instruction :
Once opened and not used entirely, store in refrigerator. The oil will be solidified below 20C or if refrigerated. For reuse, place the bottle in room temperature or soaked in warm water to make the oil liquid prior to using.